[asterisk-dev] pseudo channel

john at spectross.com john at spectross.com
Tue Mar 17 10:32:12 CDT 2009

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

What I don't understand is:
1) Why are commands (ioctls) like "tone_zone_play_tone" called over pseudo
channels (refer zt_call: RBT for CALL_WAIT) ?

/* Make ring-back */
if (tone_zone_play_tone(p->subs[SUB_CALLWAIT].zfd, ZT_TONE_RINGTONE))
 ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Unable to generate call-wait ring-back on channel
%s\n", ast->name);

2) How can we obtain events from non-existent pseudo channels ?

/*zt_handle_event*/
res = zt_get_event(p->subs[index].zfd);

Regds.
John