[asterisk-dev] Moving H.323 forward by linking to a new library

Jeff Peeler jpeeler at digium.com
Thu Mar 12 18:48:34 CDT 2009

This thread has been prompted by bug 11261, which is a patch to allow use of
the H.323 Plus library instead of OpenH323. H323Plus seems to be maintained,
while OpenH323 is completely dead. I've looked at the patch and think that
both can probably be supported currently without too much effort. I also
quickly tested with trunk to make sure calls using H323Plus worked alright.
Before starting down that road though we should consider if there are any
other options. Are there any other libraries that should be considered?
Using OPAL would be nice, but would require an amount of effort that is
probably currently not feasible. Assuming there are no other options I
wonder if it would be best to eventually deprecate usage with OpenH323.

--
Jeff Peeler
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer