[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] IAX2 retransmit with encryption enabled fix

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Thu Mar 12 14:46:17 CDT 2009

On 12 Mar 2009, at 18:38, David Vossel wrote:

> I'd like to keep updating the iseq for encrypted packets.  Its more
> efficient and I'm planning on doing some work to improve the random
> padding.  It turns out that the random padding isn't all that random
> to begin with. I already have plans to improve this, and can make
> sure it is updated for every encrypted retransmission.  Can we agree
> that this is an acceptable solution?
>
> ~David

Yep, when I implemented IAX2 encryption for the phonefromhere.com
applet softphone, I use new random data
from the java SecureRandom class, Asterisk should do the equivalent,
the problem being that
/dev/random may not be that good/quick either.

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
www.westhawk.co.uk