[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] IAX2 retransmit with encryption enabled fix

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Thu Mar 12 14:43:15 CDT 2009

On 12 Mar 2009, at 18:38, David Vossel wrote:

> I'd like to keep updating the iseq for encrypted packets.  Its more
> efficient and I'm planning on doing some work to improve the random
> padding.  It turns out that the random padding isn't all that random
> to begin with. I already have plans to improve this, and can make
> sure it is updated for every encrypted retransmission.  Can we agree
> that this is an acceptable solution?

Ok, by the way, if you are  working on IAX encryption, you might want
to look at the way that SNMP does the AES padding.
Roughly, it allows you to send packets that are the same length as the
cleartext - i.e. without padding the message to 32 byte boundaries.

I'm not totally convinced it is applicable to IAX, but it may be.

Tim.

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
www.westhawk.co.uk