[asterisk-dev] Asterisk trunk on Mac OS/X 10.5

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Mar 10 20:01:58 CDT 2009

On Mar 10, 2009, at 7:38 PM, Vadim Lebedev wrote:

> I've just built asterisk form svn trunk on mac os/x  10.5  and have
> 3 problems:
>
> 1)  when doing sudo asterisk  --- it does not go into background but
> stays attached to the terminal.

The proper way to do this on OSX is by using /sbin/launchd -d.

> 2)  when i do sudo asterisk -r , the other instance of atserisk says:
>
>   -- Remote UNIX connection
>
>     However the isntances are not communicating between them.
>     Whatever i type on the console is ignored

This is a known issue.  It appears to be a bug with poll() / select()
on OSX.  See the following bug report for details:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13404

> 3)  MeetMe is not built -- menuselect says it depends on dahdi, but
> i thought with new bridging and timing support it can work
>      without ztdummy or it's dahdi equivalent.

That is not the case.  MeetMe uses DAHDI as the conference mixing
engine, not simply as a timing source. In Asterisk 1.6.2 (and
currently in trunk), we will have the ConfBridge application, which
uses the new bridging API to provide conferencing functionality.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead