[asterisk-dev] Asterisk trunk on Mac OS/X 10.5

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Tue Mar 10 20:08:01 CDT 2009

Vadim Lebedev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just built asterisk form svn trunk on mac os/x  10.5  and have 3
> problems:
>

> 1)  when doing sudo asterisk  --- it does not go into background but
> stays attached to the terminal.

I'm not familiar with this error...

> 2)  when i do sudo asterisk -r , the other instance of atserisk says:
>
>   /-- Remote UNIX connection/
> /
> /
> /   / However the isntances are not communicating between them.
>     Whatever i type on the console is ignored
> /
> /
> /
> /

This is a known issue with Mac OS X, and seems to be a bug in their multiplexed
I/O support.  Here is a bug report about it:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13404

All signs seem to point to the bug existing in Darwin and not in Asterisk since
the exact same code works on other platforms just fine and none of us have been
able to find anything in our code that is blatantly wrong.

> 3)  MeetMe is not built -- menuselect says it depends on dahdi, but i
> thought with new bridging and timing support it can work
>      without ztdummy or it's dahdi equivalent.

You are incorrect. In trunk, there is a new conference bridging method that does
not require DAHDI. However, it is not app_meetme, it is app_confbridge.
app_meetme still requires DAHDI for audio mixing.

Mark Michelson