[asterisk-dev] Wideband (G722) MeetMe

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jun 23 18:24:53 CDT 2009

Doken, Serhad wrote:

> *I asked this on asterisk-users list but did not get a definitive
> answer. On 1.6.2, does Meet-me bridge support native WB mixing (meaning
> no downscaling to SLIN) for G722 or any other WB codec ? I tried 1.6.2
> Beta3 but it sounded like it was still doing a downgrade to SLIN first.*

This was explained before but you apparently did not understand the
explanation.

The MeetMe application will never support anything other than 8kHz
sampling rates, as it uses DAHDI for audio mixing and DAHDI only
supports 8kHz audio.

In 1.6.2 there is a new ConfBridge application that can provide wideband
audio mixing; you can read the application help to see how to use it. As
far as I am aware, at this time is only supports a single sample rate
per conference, it cannot support mixed-rate channels in a single
conference.

(Note that 'SLIN' is not necessarily a downgrade from G.722; SLIN is a
sample format, which can be provided in 8,000, 16,000 or more samples
per second. When mixing audio, ConfBridge will use SLIN at 16kHz to
handle wideband channels, since mixing must be done in the linear domain)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com