[asterisk-dev] 3way Calling: SIP trunk, POTS phones, without ZAPTEL

Kai Hoerner kai at ciphron.de
Tue Jun 16 05:14:36 CDT 2009

Dear Anupam,
Dear Megh,

question was, if Meetme() could be used *without zaptel*.

The short answer is NO, Meetme() needs a hardware timing source,
otherwise your voices will sound croppy.

To avoid this, you can easily run Zaptel without having real telephony
hardware, just install Zaptel and load the module "ztdummy". It will
provide the Zaptel interface with a Linux kernel timer.
(in fact, it uses the usb chipset as a timing source)

More useful information on this topic can be found on the internet:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+timer+ztdummy

By the way, this topic is a typical user question and should have been
sent to the -users list instead.

Regards,
Kaii