[asterisk-dev] Syntax for application parameters

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Tue Jun 9 08:31:46 CDT 2009

Eliel and I started a vigorous discussion on the asterisk-dev IRC
channel earlier today regarding the syntax for application parameters in
the built-in help, and I'd like to open up the discussion for more
members of the development community before we agree on a format.

>From what we've discussed this morning, it appears we have four
different proposed versions of the syntax:

1) Application([param1][,param2[,param3]])
2) Application([param1[,param2[,param3]]])
3) Application([[param1][,[param2][,[param3]]])
4) Application([param1][,[param2][,[param3]]])

In this case, we're talking about cases where each parameter is
optional, and is not dependent upon any previous parameters.  (For
example, param3 doesn't depend on param2 being set.)

I'll withhold sharing my personal opinions until you've had a chance to
look over the proposted versions of the syntax above, so as not to taint
your opinions.

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager