No subject

Sun Jul 19 19:54:31 CDT 2009

how you configure the FFMPEG installation.

If you choose to install FFMPEG libs than are subject to the GPL, then
you have to explicitly add the --enable-gpl option to the configure
script, otherwise the configuration process fails.

In FFMPEG 0.6, libswcale (we use it in FFPlayback) became LGPL. We use
it along with both libavcodec and libavformat (the basic FFMPEG
libraries).

And here is the FFMPEG configure command that's needed to run
FFPlayback and chan_rtmp :
configure --enable-shared --enable-swscale --disable-mmx
--disable-optimizations --enable-debug

Philippe

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> 23 jul 2010 kl. 15.28 skrev SVN commits to the Digium repositories:
>
>> =A0decode it with FFMPEG
>> - encode it to H.263 with FFMPEG
>
> Philip,
> I hate to spoil things, because it sounds like you're having a lot of fun=
 and doing progress. But doing video transcoding with FFmpeg seems to be in=
teresting in regards to licenses and patents. Have anyone in the dev team d=
one a licensing review here?