[asterisk-dev] NOISY_BUILD=yes as default for AST_DEVMODE

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jul 29 20:26:50 CDT 2009

Michiel van Baak wrote:

> Why you ask?
> Every once in a while I need this full build command output to see if
> all the flags are set correctly etc. Right now, I have to open the
> Makefile to see what this var was called again, and rerun my make after
> it.
> And I think developers can handle this output. and we dont bother the
> normal users with it.

I'd prefer not to change that, actually; it's much harder to see the
build system progress in noisy mode, as the command lines are not really
readable and parsable without pausing the build or capturing it. The
vast majority of developers are not modifying the build system or adding
libraries that would result in them needing to see the compiler/linker
command lines. Just my two cents (USD) :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com