[asterisk-dev] Is this a "bug" or a feature?

Mon Jul 20 03:21:06 CDT 2009

Alan Lord (News) schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I apologise in advance for jumping in on the dev list but it seems as
> though ${EXTEN} is not being updated if the final leg of a call comes
> from within the dialplan (i.e. not user entered digits). The
> "Destination" record continues to read "s" even though a call is
> connected to a physical extension such as SIP/101. The "Destination
> channel" is correct but there is no, apparently simple way to get just
> the extension number of the b-leg of the call.
>
> See this thread on asterisk-user I started a couple of days ago.
>
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2009-July/234925.html

That's probably not what you want to hear - but I always use custom-cdrs
and specify some variables which should be logged. Then, during dialplan
logic I fill those variables explicitly. Thus, in the CDRs I always have
the values which I want to have - not the ones which Asterisk thinks it
should put in. Probably everybody wants to have the CDRs a little bit
different, that's why there is the custom CDR engine.

regards
klaus