[asterisk-dev] Is this a "bug" or a feature?

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 01:22:19 CDT 2009

Hi,

I apologise in advance for jumping in on the dev list but it seems as
though ${EXTEN} is not being updated if the final leg of a call comes
from within the dialplan (i.e. not user entered digits). The
"Destination" record continues to read "s" even though a call is
connected to a physical extension such as SIP/101. The "Destination
channel" is correct but there is no, apparently simple way to get just
the extension number of the b-leg of the call.

See this thread on asterisk-user I started a couple of days ago.

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2009-July/234925.html

Regs,

Alan