[asterisk-dev] Meetme problem (talk detection/opt) in 1.6.1.1

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 10:06:58 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Jared Mauch<jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:
> To solve this issue, I "enabled" the talker optimization, but this
> has the result of showing people that correct user state (ie: talking vs not)
> but the audio is not passing the bridge for some reason.  The phones
> are all Cisco 79xx and show the rtp media counters increasing.

To clarify, people are talking on the phones, talker optimization
reveals that people are in talking state, but the other members of the
conference cannot hear them?

When you say that the audio is not passing, do you mean ever, under
any circumstances?

I had issues with talker optimization being too aggressive and making
voices cut out if they sounded too much like 'noise', in addition to
clipping the starts and stops of words. In my usage this was
unacceptable and I ended up turning talker optimization back off.