[asterisk-dev] Meetme problem (talk detection/opt) in 1.6.1.1

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Jul 10 13:12:34 CDT 2009

Greetings,

I've recently upgraded and seem to have identiifed a problem (or two)
with the way that we try to use meetme rooms:

The first issue is that we no longer see user 'talking' information
in the meetme output, even with talk detection (T) enabled.

To solve this issue, I "enabled" the talker optimization, but this
has the result of showing people that correct user state (ie: talking vs not)
but the audio is not passing the bridge for some reason.  The phones
are all Cisco 79xx and show the rtp media counters increasing.

I was wondering if anyone else had seen these issues before I start
digging too deep into the code.

I need the 'talking' information to better identify rogue people
on bridges.

(meetme.conf is effectively empty, the bridges are all dynamically created)

	Thanks.

	- Jared

voip*CLI> meetme list 4028
User #: 01         1076 redacted      Channel: SIP/redacted-09a1b8d8     (unmonitored) 00:03:29
User #: 02         1050 redacted      Channel: SIP/redacted-b5729718     (unmonitored) 00:00:11
2 users in that conference.
voip*CLI> core show channels
Channel              Location             State   Application(Data)
SIP/redacted-b5729718    s at macro-stdconf:4    Up      MeetMe(4028,cdTMs)
DAHDI/pseudo-3181948 s at default:1          Rsrvd   (None)
SIP/redacted-09a1b s at macro-stdconf:4    Up      MeetMe(4028,cdTMs)

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net