[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] SIP register not using peer's outbound proxy

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Jul 12 04:40:40 CDT 2009

10 jul 2009 kl. 22.48 skrev David Vossel:

> If callbackextension is defined for a peer it successfully causes a
> registration to occur, but the registration ignores the
> outboundproxy settings for the peer.  This is because the call to
> obproxy_get() in transmit_register() is not capable of passing a
> peer.  This patch adds the peername option, [peername?], to the
> register string allowing transmit_register to attempt to find the
> peer and use it's outbound proxy.
>
> register => [peername?][transport://]user[@domain]
> [:secret[:authuser]]@host[:port][/extension][~expiry]

The host is already the peer name - why have peer name twice?

The host part is first checked against peer names, then srv records,
domains, hosts and IP addresses.

We need to stop adding stuff that is not needed to the register=>
statement, it's already much too overloaded with information that
exists already in the peer section that you can use by refering to it
in the host part. The port number is not needed, and the expiry should
propably belong in the [peer] section for callbackextension
registrations anyway.

/O