[asterisk-dev] AGI control stream file

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Tue Jul 7 18:12:22 CDT 2009

Steven

Thank you for your response. I have not seen any other responses as of yet.
I appreciate your input and will look into skipping in the file. AGI does
allow for playback of a file with forward and rewind using the "control
stream file" method. My real questions was looking into how best to modify
this AGI function to allow for direct entry into either the rewind or fast
forward modes in the "control stream file" method.  This method is located
int the res_agi.c file. It calls the base streamfile functions in the
underlying asterisk core. This core functions support playback in reverse
and fast forward using control keys. This is how you can playback e-mail
messages in both forward and reverse. What I am trying to do is tap into
this ability without user interaction.

I am a user that is looking to enlist a developer to assist in modifying
the core asterisk system to support an ability I need. I am toying in the c
source code but do not feel confident that I could yet make a stable change
to asterisk myself. Where else should I take questions such as these? Who
might be open to assisting with this modification?

Steven I do appreciate that you have taken the time to respond to me.

Sincerely
Bryant Zimmerman