[asterisk-dev] AGI control stream file

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Jul 3 15:16:36 CDT 2009

Not a -dev question...

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009, Bryant Zimmerman wrote:

> I am working on some AGI development that requires control of audio file
> playback. The control stream file is working for the most part, but to meet
> one of the project requirements I need to be able to let the user enter
> stream playback in either, rewind, fastforward or pause states with a
> single key press. To this point I have not figured out a way to enter into
> the control stream file command in anything other than a play state. This
> requires that the user must hit the, rw, ffwd or pause key..
>
> After looking at the c code for the control stream file function I could
> not figure out a way to force the system to allow for this. Does any one
> have any ideas?  What would it take to add this to the core system?

I'm a 1.2 Luddite, but this sounds like:

   -= Info about application 'ControlPlayback' =-

[Synopsis]
Play a file with fast forward and rewind

[Description]
   ControlPlayback(file[|skipms[|ff[|rew[|stop[|pause[|restart|options]]]]]]]):
This application will play back the given filename. By default, the '*' key
can be used to rewind, and the '#' key can be used to fast-forward.
Parameters:
   skipms  - This is number of milliseconds to skip when rewinding or
             fast-forwarding.
   ff      - Fast-forward when this DTMF digit is received.
   rew     - Rewind when this DTMF digit is received.
   stop    - Stop playback when this DTMF digit is received.
   pause   - Pause playback when this DTMF digit is received.
   restart - Restart playback when this DTMF digit is received.
   j - Jump to priority n+101 if the requested file is not found.
This application sets the following channel variable upon completion:
   CPLAYBACKSTATUS -  This variable contains the status of the attempt as a text
                      string, one of: SUCCESS | USERSTOPPED | ERROR

Am I missing something?

--Thanks in advance,