[asterisk-dev] local_indicate ringing on answered channel

dimas at dataart.com dimas at dataart.com
Fri Jul 3 05:54:15 CDT 2009

> As Mark discussed in a previous reply, the idea is that chan_local is
> supposed to just be a pipe.  Indications and the like are just passed
> through to let the "real" ends decide how they should be handled.

That is not 100% true. Please take a look at https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=14709
So I basically have problem with chan_local actually translating control frames (HOLD) into audio (MoH).

At the same time, I also understand where such a translation could be useful - I have web UI to bring more people to MeetMe conference using Originate command and it would be best to put first leg of Originate into the meetme conference (so answered instantly) while second leg will be some remote phone so everybody in the conference would hear the ringing/early media. I  do not know good solution to this.

Probably local channel needs some flag telling it whether should it translate ALL control frames into audible indications or should it translate NONE. At the moment the behavior is somewhat inconsistent.

Regards,
Dmitry Andrianov