[asterisk-dev] chan_sip.c - no reply to critical packet

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Sat Jan 31 08:03:24 CST 2009

"Gregory Boehnlein" <damin at nacs.net> writes:

> Hello,
> 	On 1/14/2008, I migrated a pair of PRI circuits from an Asterisk
> server w/ a TE405P to a Cisco 2610-XM w/ Voice Processing cards. We need to
> be able to offer re-direction of T.38 calls for specific DIDs over to a
> different piece of equipment, and we were not comfortable enough to deploy
> Asterisk 1.4 for this specific server. We did some pretty heavy testing and
> the move was very smooth. However, over the past few days I have started to
> see the following messages on my Asterisk 1.2 server.
>
> [Jan 30 10:50:12] WARNING[11080]: Hanging up call
> 7592F3FA-EE1C11DD-8E78B0F4-24748FB1 at 207.166.192.180 - no reply to our
> critical packet.

Quick guess: the Asterisk with the problem and the Cisco it tries to
connect are on a low-latency link, and you have qualify=yes.

If so, you need to set t1min to a reasonable value, which is
unfortunately not supported in 1.2. This bug is fixed in 1.4. If you
don't want to run 1.4 you're stuck with patching chan_sip.c.

/Benny