[asterisk-dev] DTMF queuing

James Lamanna jlamanna at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 20:53:04 CST 2009

Hi,
Is it just me, or does DTMF queuing not work properly?
I'm consistently faced with the issue that users (and myself) will
dial digits quickly and all I get in the logs are:

end 'X' put into dtmf queue on SIP/xxxxxxxxxx
etc...

If I dial very slowly, I do not get these messages.
Also it appears as though most of the time the DTMF queue never gets
emptied because the dtmf digits never get transmitted. However
sometimes they get transmitted, but a second or so later because I
heard the audio become choppy as the digits are sent.
This does not appear to affect SIP INFO dtmf, only inband and rfc2833
from the phone.
SIP INFO would be great to use, except none of the prompts in asterisk
will accept it (Voicemail, Authenticate(), etc..) Why is that?

DTMF has been a constant point of frustration, and I would like to
help make it better in asterisk, because as far as I'm concerned, it
does not work in its current form.

Thank you.