[asterisk-dev] SIPAdd/RemoveHeader apps

Fri Jan 16 02:39:46 CST 2009

Russell Bryant schrieb:
> SVN commits to the Digium repositories wrote:
>> Author: oej
>> Date: Thu Jan 15 07:35:50 2009
>> New Revision: 168638

>> Log:
>> Add capability to remove added SIP headers *before* INVITE is generated.
>>
>> (closes issue #14246)
>> Reported by: klaus3000
>> Patches:
>>       2patch_chan_sip_SIPRemoveHeader_trunk.txt uploaded by klaus3000 (license 65)
>
> I think this is fine, since it makes sense to have it along side the
> SIPAddHeader application.
>
> However, this stuff would probably be more appropriately handled all via
> the SIP_HEADER() function.  Right now, SIP_HEADER just lets you retrieve
> a header.  However, I think a write callback should be added to handle
> what is provided by the Add/Remove applications.  That would be more in
> line with what we've been doing with apps vs. functions.

The difference between the function and the appliation is, that the
function works on received headers whereas the application works on the
"to be sent" message. Thus I wonder if it is possible to have it all in
one function - so if "SIPHEADER(Foo)=Bar" add this header, how is the
syntax to remove it?

regards
klaus