[asterisk-dev] SIPAdd/RemoveHeader apps (was: oej: trunk r168638 - /trunk/channels/chan_sip.c)

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Jan 15 10:36:22 CST 2009

SVN commits to the Digium repositories wrote:
> Author: oej
> Date: Thu Jan 15 07:35:50 2009
> New Revision: 168638

> Log:
> Add capability to remove added SIP headers *before* INVITE is generated.
>
> (closes issue #14246)
> Reported by: klaus3000
> Patches:
>       2patch_chan_sip_SIPRemoveHeader_trunk.txt uploaded by klaus3000 (license 65)

I think this is fine, since it makes sense to have it along side the
SIPAddHeader application.

However, this stuff would probably be more appropriately handled all via
the SIP_HEADER() function.  Right now, SIP_HEADER just lets you retrieve
a header.  However, I think a write callback should be added to handle
what is provided by the Add/Remove applications.  That would be more in
line with what we've been doing with apps vs. functions.

I just figured I'd bring it up in case someone was looking for a small
project.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead