[asterisk-dev] OT: Paying people in faraway (Western) places.

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 02:34:36 CST 2009

Well,

  I can't really say anything about the US, but in Israel off shore workers
can only be outsourced, or work through
a sub-company methodology. The reasons for these, at least in Israel, are
fairly simple: The employer in Israel pays a monthly tax for each worker he
employs. Well, it's not really a tax, more like social benefits - which the
employer has to pay according to the law. Now, imagine that I would employ a
worker located in the UK, I would be required to pay anything between 400$
to 1200$ monthly for social benefits and then some other stuff too. However,
as the worker is not in Israel, he won't enjoy these benifits - in other
words - stupid law that makes it impossible to have off-shored employees.

  The best track to take would be to establish a seperate business unit, to
act as a remote outsourced business unit. In this manner, everything is
clean and clear and on the table. If you care talking about the UK, then the
simplest way would be for you to establish a local presence in the UK, and
have that local presence render services to the US company. The guy in the
UK is employed by the UK presence - and everybody is happy.

Nir