[asterisk-dev] i extension does not match on initial context - bug or not?

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu Jan 8 08:17:51 CST 2009

I do not believe this is a bug. The 'i' extension is used for invalid,
but not a catch all.

By using the Goto() and sending it to an invalid extension, then the 'i'
is executed because a dialplan application in Asterisk tried to execute
something that did not exist.

The 'i' extension is more used to control errors with logic in your
dialplan execution, and not so much as a 'catch-all' for when you dial
an extension that does not exist.

At least this is my understanding.

Leif Madsen.
http://www.leifmadsen.com