[asterisk-dev] Voicemail mod

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Tue Feb 24 16:40:18 CST 2009

Hello,

This is my first post to the -dev list, so be gentle.

A customer has been complaining forever about the "fast forward" function in
voicemail.  He often mashes '#' several times to skip forward quickly to the
end of the message, and therefore is often exited from voicemail because '#' is
also the "exit" key if he forwards past the end of the message.

A quick hack to main/file.c in 1.4.23.1 tests for EOF and rewinds one "skip"
length if it has been reached, which keeps a user from forwarding past the end
of the message (diff attached).

What is the accepted method of contributing small bits of code such as this?
Should I open an issue in the bug tracker?

Cheers,