[asterisk-dev] Asterisk scalability

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Fri Feb 20 11:56:32 CST 2009

On Feb 19, 2009, at 7:24 PM, Watkins, Bradley wrote:

> [...]

I'd be expecting all of those packets to come from a single MAC
address, actually.

Hypothetical: My big router receives a 10gpbs ethernet from "the
Internet".  Then, that router has three 1gbps interfaces that feed
into my Asterisk box (which has three NICs.)  Thus, all of the traffic
appears to come from the MAC address on the distant side of the 10gbps
link.  I could generate the traffic from a zillion different
endpoints, so hopefully UDP port hashing would work.  Would this work
appropriately for spreading load on 802.3ad?

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/