[asterisk-dev] What development environment is needed exactly for starting

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Wed Feb 18 16:28:55 CST 2009

On 13:54, Wed 18 Feb 09, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> I would like to start in the development, what exactly the needed to be installed at my Fedora machine to be able to start the development? Which tools?
>
> GCC compiler, what else?

Hi,

Have a look at http://www.asterisk.org/developers
It helped me a lot to get started and to find out how stuff is done in
this project.

For me, I installed as much dependencies as possible on my OpenBSD
systems, vim and svn for the source editing and updating, and doxygen to
create the api docs. That's it.

Oh, I almost forgot: irssi to get on freenode #asterisk-dev irc channel
for when I'm stuck and need advice from other devs.
--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu
http://michiel.vanbaak.eu

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?"