[asterisk-dev] What development environment is needed exactly for starting

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Feb 18 16:26:24 CST 2009

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, bilal ghayyad wrote:

> I would like to start in the development, what exactly the needed to be
> installed at my Fedora machine to be able to start the development?
> Which tools?

Your question belongs on the -user list since it does not involve changing
the C source code -- yet.

Most of my installs are remote, with the client doing the OS (CentOS)
install. I basically say "unselect everything and accept the defaults and
then call me with the IP address and the root password." Then, I run a "host
setup" script which sets everything from the timezone to iptables and "yums"
everything I like to have in place before I start installing Asterisk from
source.

Here's my "yum list:"

 	curl
 	curl-devel
 	dhcp
 	emacs-nox
 	gcc
 	gcc-c++
 	kernel-PAE-devel
 	kernel-devel
 	kernel-smp-devel
 	libtermcap-devel
 	lynx
 	make
 	mtr
 	mysql
 	mysql-devel
 	ncurses-devel
 	nfs-utils
 	ntp
 	openssl-devel
 	pkgconfig
 	portmap
 	sox
 	sudo
 	vixie-cron
 	wget
 	which
 	xinetd

This is a bit more than the minimum, but includes a few packages I usually
need at some point.

Note that this is for 1.2.

Thanks in advance,