[asterisk-dev] Planning for Asterisk 1.6.1 - chan_sip

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Feb 17 18:26:43 CST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Matthew Nicholson
<mnicholson at digium.com> wrote:

> Instead of having a bunch of different hard coded types (friend, user,
> peer, trunk, service), I think we should have a set of options that each
> type corresponds to.  For example, if I just want to match incoming
> calls on ip and port, there should be something like match=ip,port.
> Setting type=peer should just implicitly set match=ip,port.  Otherwise I
> fear we will end up with a special type= option for each type of
> matching people want to do.
>
> Basically I think we should enumerate each sip call matching strategy a
> user may want to use, then create various options that match.

That makes a lot more sense to me, as I have never been able to
remember the difference between user/peer (if I ever even understood
it anyway).

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"