[asterisk-dev] Planning for Asterisk 1.6.1 - chan_sip

Matthew Nicholson mnicholson at digium.com
Tue Feb 17 16:40:29 CST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 21:58 +0100, Johansson Olle E wrote:
> 17 feb 2009 kl. 21.16 skrev Russell Bryant:
> >
> > Oej has written a document that describes how user/peer/friend
> > matching
> > should work here:
> >
> > http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/oej/sip-compliance/sipobjects.txt?view=markup
> >
> > I think that what is written here sounds good to me.  Does anyone else
> > have any comments?  Also, do we have code to write to get this to be
> > the
> > reality in the 1.6.1 code base?
>

> No, we don't have the code. I was going to start as soon as I had some
> feedback.
> Anyone else with opinions?
>
> This really need to be fixed and tested heavily before release.
>
> /O

Instead of having a bunch of different hard coded types (friend, user,
peer, trunk, service), I think we should have a set of options that each
type corresponds to.  For example, if I just want to match incoming
calls on ip and port, there should be something like match=ip,port.
Setting type=peer should just implicitly set match=ip,port.  Otherwise I
fear we will end up with a special type= option for each type of
matching people want to do.

Basically I think we should enumerate each sip call matching strategy a
user may want to use, then create various options that match.

--
Matthew Nicholson
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer