[asterisk-dev] Planning for Asterisk 1.6.1

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Feb 17 14:16:23 CST 2009

Greetings,

It's getting to the point that Asterisk 1.6.1 is nearing release.  I'd
like to cover what we have left to address before Asterisk 1.6.1 can be
released.

First, the following page shows what mantis issues are marked as
blocking the release of 1.6.1.  Currently, merging some updates to the
timing API is the only thing on this list.

http://bugs.digium.com/roadmap_page.php

The other big thing on my list is to ensure that we are happy with the
state of the chan_sip user/peer/friend situation.  Oej's kill-the-user
patch went in for this release.  Some issues came up, and a number of
issues have already been fixed.  We need to determine if there is
anything left to do in this area before 1.6.1.

Oej has written a document that describes how user/peer/friend matching
should work here:

http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/oej/sip-compliance/sipobjects.txt?view=markup

I think that what is written here sounds good to me.  Does anyone else
have any comments?  Also, do we have code to write to get this to be the
reality in the 1.6.1 code base?

Thanks,

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead