[asterisk-dev] Asterisk scalability (was: Improve scheduler performance under high load)

Venefax venefax at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 07:54:04 CST 2009

Regarding scalability. I had an issue over the weekend when Asterisk got
blocked when querying the database, and the amount of open calls rose to
1001, but then Asterisk froze and had to be killed with "killall asterisk".
So there is a limit somewhere. The machine had plenty of memory available,
but Asterisk did not seem to use it. So I would like to test any new code
that breaks this barrier. I can probably hit 100 calls (SIP top SIP) any
time. Right now I use one asterisk as distributor, no database, and several
others to actually route the calls (wholesale model).
Federico