[asterisk-dev] manager event conversion strategy (was: oej: branch oej/managergames r174538 - /team/oej/managergames/)

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Feb 10 11:00:41 CST 2009

On Feb 10, 2009, at 10:46 AM, Johansson Olle E wrote:

>> I guess my main concern is that I don't want to compromise quality of
>> the new interface for the sake of making it exactly backwards
>> compatible with manager 1.1.  Given the work that was done to improve
>> consistency in manager 1.1, It may not be an issue.  We'll see!

> Well, the result may very well be manager 1.2 with some small
> changes for a few bugs that we find... Let's try to avoid that
> and take the challenge. :-)

That works for me.

Another thing to note is that we are going to end up with a lot of
additional events in the new interface that were not in manager 1.1.
The new CEL system is based on the event framework, and in that patch,
a lot of new events have been added.  Some of those events may already
be pretty much the same as a manager event right next to it.  So, we
should consider what is in that branch for this project as well to
help reduce what work we have to do.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead