[asterisk-dev] [policy] Language specific prompts

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Feb 10 10:20:56 CST 2009

On Feb 6, 2009, at 11:57 AM, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> I am proposing, as a matter of policy, that anybody wishing to make
> ANY
> change whatsoever to multi-language support, that they should have
> to document
> every single prompt in that native language, in a fashion that is
> identical to
> the Hebrew document (which may be found in doc/lang/).

I do not have a problem with this from a high level.  However, I would
like to suggest a different approach to getting this documentation
generated.

I really do not want to rely on waiting for someone to show up who is
just trying to help the project by reporting a bug to then ask them to
undergo a large undertaking to get the problem fixed.  It's likely it
will just scare people off.

Instead, we should probably take a more proactive approach by
requesting help on the mailing lists to get a group of community
members looking for a way to help involved in getting this
documentation generated.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead