[asterisk-dev] Commit Message Guidlines

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Feb 10 10:05:46 CST 2009

This is just a friendly reminder that guidelines for commit messages
have been written down in doxygen documentation format.  The contents
are mostly what we have been doing unofficially.  However, I do
request that everyone start trying to follow these guidelines for
every commit to the main branches (trunk, 1.4, 1.6.0, etc.).

As we become more and more standardized on a common format, it will be
easier to develop tools that pull out useful information, such as
listing all of the contributors of code for a release.  :-)

http://www.asterisk.org/doxygen/trunk/CommitMessages.html

Thanks!

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead