[asterisk-dev] [policy] Language specific prompts

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Sat Feb 7 15:27:20 CST 2009

Tzafrir Cohen schrieb:
> On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 09:26:25PM +0100, Philipp Kempgen wrote:

>> What about CSV/TSV?
>
> If we have a long text, I'm not really sure it needs to fit in a single
> line.
>
> BTW, one thing I forgot was that in case the respective script is an RTL
> one (Hebrew, Arabic, etc.), most naive displays of the text would render
> the paragraph as LTR (as it ebgins with English text) and thus the
> original script part may not be displayed properly. Specifically if it
> has an English letter or two in it.

GNU gettext .po files could be an option because many standard
tools are already available.
But I'm just making suggestions. If you decide to go with ODS,
fine.

msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: Asterisk, file $Revision$\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2009-01-07 12:00+0200\n"
"Last-Translator: John Doe <john.doe at example.com>\n"
"Language-Team: German <>\n"

msgid "digits/1"
msgstr "ein"