[asterisk-dev] Release Schedules and plans for Asterisk 1.8

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Dec 22 10:45:40 CST 2009

On 12/21/2009 05:46 PM, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> Russell,
>
> Russell Bryant wrote:
>> Thanks for your time.  As always, comments or questions are welcome.
> Sounds exciting and well-though.

Thanks for the kind words.

> I can see a problem, however: for now and the upcoming 6 months, there's
> no version one can install that will be actively supported for more than
> a year and security supported for more than two years.
>
> As I wrote on my mail on the other thread today, this presents a major
> problem, especially for us distributors. I'm sure that others (e.g.
> integrators) will have similar problems as well.

Well, there is nothing stopping us from making special exceptions if
needed.  For example, we could entertain the idea of extending the
support of 1.6.2 a bit.  The dates and time lines for standard/LTS
establish a minimum support level.  I'm open to suggestions.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software