[asterisk-dev] Release Schedules and plans for Asterisk 1.8

Faidon Liambotis paravoid at debian.org
Mon Dec 21 17:46:33 CST 2009

Russell,

Russell Bryant wrote:
> Thanks for your time.  As always, comments or questions are welcome.
Sounds exciting and well-though.

I can see a problem, however: for now and the upcoming 6 months, there's
no version one can install that will be actively supported for more than
a year and security supported for more than two years.

As I wrote on my mail on the other thread today, this presents a major
problem, especially for us distributors. I'm sure that others (e.g.
integrators) will have similar problems as well.

Regards,
Faidon