[asterisk-dev] Version 1.8 or 1.6.3 next?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Dec 21 13:41:37 CST 2009

21 dec 2009 kl. 20.18 skrev Miguel Molina:

> Olle E. Johansson escribió:
>> 21 dec 2009 kl. 19.51 skrev SVN commits to the Digium repositories:
>>

>>> Change all refererences to 1.6.3 to be 1.8, since that will be the next feature release
>>>

>> Ok, so we can't say that there has been no decision then. Just a funny way of telling the community ;-)
>>
>> But where is the complete release plan that Russell has been promising?
>>
>> /O
>>

> Yeah judging for what the Roadmap says, I would say the new release schedule is a fact:
>
> https://issues.asterisk.org/roadmap_page.php

I haven't seen that document. Interesting.

Well, it's up to Digium how much community involvement they want I guess. I'll stop being a pain in the ass about this issue, but I did hope for better management of this process.

Now, let's focus on doing a damn good release out of 1.8 and beat the competition. There is a lot of work we have to do to get Asterisk back on track and produce something that can be accepted as a long-term-release. It's gonna be fun.

/O