[asterisk-dev] Peer matching architecture

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Dec 19 02:46:26 CST 2009

18 dec 2009 kl. 21.17 skrev Klaus Darilion:

> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> SIP lovers out there!
>
> I will answer anyway :-)
>
> I'm concerned about the naming ...
Let's call it them Bengt, Cecilia and Knut-Owe.

> I like type=phone, that's self describing.
>
> For registration matching - it is not that easy. You know many ITSP
> require the PBX to register, but they will send the DID in the RURI
> (instead of the registered username) - so this must still be possible to
> use, also with new peer types. (of course this will not allow anymore to
> differentiate between multiple registrations to the same ITSP).
Well, then we have to have a combination of two objects that support that model. There's simply nothing in the request coming back that can make us associate it with the REGISTER transaction.

> Further, if the Asterisk is behind NAT and the ITSP uses a broken NAT
> traversal which rewrites the contact (in openser terms:
> fix_nated_contact() instead of fix_nated_register), the matching on RURI
> breaks too - although sometimes username and URI paramters survives,
> thus RURI matching could be done on username and a URI parameter.
Then it's broken and we need two objects again.

> What about handling everything in a new type called "trunk":
Then we can go back to using one object type=friend and we will be in the same mess as we are today.

/O