[asterisk-dev] Asterisk and multiple SIP registrationstothesame host

Nick Lewis Nick.Lewis at atltelecom.com
Thu Dec 17 04:19:05 CST 2009

>We always have the ACLs. Surely you use them. ;-)
Um yes well er... I am of course only concerned with others who are not
power users such as I!? Perhaps a call could be treated as a guest call
if it did not match one of the ITSP's ip addresses in the peer
definition (including "outbound" proxy when itsp uses a nat proxy)

>That's my peerfailover stuff really. I have it for 1.4 but haven't made
it work for trunk after the inclusion of the TCP stuff that broke many
things in my code.
I am not familiar with the peerfailover stuff but by nat proxy I mean an
ITSP device other than the sip server that provides extra functionality
specifically to overcome the customer's nat firewall. The nat proxy acts
as both the outbound proxy and the inbound proxy for the service.

>That's not an option, that's the only way to find out where the call
goes to. Otherwise we're stuck with "s" in the context since we have no
extension.
>Or we could have a "defaultexten" in the context to go to. Hmm.
Any of these approaches will be more understood by the users than just
leaving it to the dialplan to look at the to-header. The dialplan should
not have to understand the details of the channel technology.

>You mean the register a default domain route stuff? That's still
undergoing a lot of changes, we need to see where it's heading first.
I think I agree with you - I am still a bit uncomfortable with it and
there are no ITSPs using this approach. Apparently it gets over a
problem when a call is diverted in the network and the to-header
contains the original destination rather than the DID. In practice ITSPs
just ditch the original destination for a diverted call and replace it
with the DID. The harm done is minor.

N_L

This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
Disclaimer of Liability
ATL Telecom Ltd shall not be held liable for any improper or incorrect use of the  information described and/or contained herein and assumes no responsibility for anyones use  of the information. In no event shall ATL Telecom Ltd be liable for any direct, indirect,  incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to,  procurement or substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business  interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict  liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of  this system, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.

Registered Office: ATL Telecom Ltd, Fountain Lane, St. Mellons Cardiff, CF3 0FB
Registered in Wales Number 4335781

All goods and services supplied by ATL Telecom Ltd are supplied subject to ATL Telecom Ltd standard terms and conditions, available upon request.