[asterisk-dev] Asterisk and multiple SIP registrations to the same host

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Dec 17 01:08:47 CST 2009

16 dec 2009 kl. 17.07 skrev Klaus Darilion:

> Olle E. Johansson schrieb:

>>> AFAIK it is the From: username that is matched on by using type=friend.
>>> But in this case (outbound registration), the incoming RURI has to be
>>> matched against the Contact header of the sent REGISTER.
>>>

>> Which I have code for since many years. It's the famous type=service.
>
> IMO a bad name (which service?), unfortunately I do not know a better one.
>
> Anyway, existing code is more important than good names :-)
After many years of training, good names in documentation and configurations means a lot to me. You can't possibly explain all the meanings of "channel" in Asterisk without confusing people so they block and stop learning anything. We need to be very careful with it. And when we can't find a really good intuitive name, we need good documentation...

/O