[asterisk-dev] Asterisk and multiple SIP registrations to the same host

Wed Dec 16 07:01:16 CST 2009

Leif Madsen schrieb:
> asterisk-dev at eurower.com wrote:
>> [sip-3391234xx01]
>> host=83.136.162.72  ; an IP of Keyyo.net
>> username=3391234xx01
>> secret=pass_01
>> type=peer
>> fromuser=3391234xx01
>> fromdomain=keyyo.net
>> insecure=port,invite
>> qualify=yes
>> context=in-call-router
>
> This is really an asterisk-users question, however, try using type=friend and
> not type=peer in order to allow Asterisk to try matching on the From field*
> prior to attempting to match on the IP address. By setting type=peer, you're not

The From will contain the number of the caller - not the username of the
outbound registration.

> creating the user structure that allows matching on the From field, so Asterisk
> reverts to matching only on the IP address, starting from the bottom to the top
> order of sip.conf (this is not true in 1.6.2 anymore -- the order is not
> predictable).
>
> * Someone will correct me if it isn't the From field that has the username that
> is matched on

AFAIK it is the From: username that is matched on by using type=friend.
But in this case (outbound registration), the incoming RURI has to be
matched against the Contact header of the sent REGISTER.

regards
klaus