[asterisk-dev] Disabling frame cache to workaround #16374 - negative impact ?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Mon Dec 14 11:27:15 CST 2009

Hi!
  I'm hit by issue #16374 - Asterisk crash after hanging a DAHDI channel doing
ReceiveFax(). It crashes with 100% probability on 1.6.1.11.
  As written in the issue , there is a workaround by putting LOW_MEMORY define
onto frame.c, which disables frame cache. My question is, what is the primary
purpose of this cache and whether disabling it will not decrease Asterisk
performance too much.
  It would be good to have this bug fixed soon.
    With regards,
       Pavel