[asterisk-dev] Music on hold after an attended transfer to a queue.

Dulip Ravindra duliprb2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 05:35:12 CST 2009

Hello Nico,

I found the following problem in using Asterisk. In version 1.2.26.1 and in 1.6.2 (RC6) after an attended transfer of a caller.

Caller calls transferer, transferer calls a queue and hears musiconhold.

[**********The call is transfered and the caller is connected to the queue but doesn't hear anything.**********]

When a blind transfer method is used the problem does not occur

On
a attended transfer the other way around also does not work, I'm not
questioning why, but if someone calls a queue and then transfers the
call attended to a callee also the musiconhold is not played anymore.

I also got the same problem. and I resolved it.

Please make sure firstly is that music file that you are going to use on this case having a appropriate permissions that can read by asterisk.
it is located at /var/lib/aserisk/mohmp3 as I remember.

to do that in linux command prompt

1.  chown asterisk:asterisk /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/*
2.  chmod 777 /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/*

but I dont having idea about blind transfer. so if there is a possible solutions let me know also. thanks.

Dulip Ravindra.