[asterisk-dev] TDMOE protocol

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Thu Dec 10 16:58:25 CST 2009

Antonio escribió:
> Hi
>
> I'm new to the list, a greeting to all ;-). I'm "playing" with the
> protocol TDMoE but do not quite understand the operation, so I venture
> to send an email to the list to see if someone can help me ;-) I hope
> not to bother. I understand that the protocol is on the MAC layer, so
> the structure will be MAC (Ethernet Header) + TDMoE. I do not understand
> quite well if structure and least TDMoE anyone can help me? Any "frame"
> of example on TDMoE?. Thank you very much and hope for the following
> times to help with anything ;-).
>
> Greetings

Hi,

I might be wrong, but googling a little I found this:
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc5087.html
Look for figure number 6, it might be the frame you're looking for. What
I don't know certainly is if TDMoE is a "flavor" or a subset of TDMoIP.

Also, there has been some discussion about this on this list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-dev@lists.digium.com/msg18271.html

Your best chance is like they say, read the sources, or better, setup a
lab with two asterisk servers talking TDMoE to each other and wireshark
them while you make some calls. That would bring you the live TDMoE
frames for a good study.

Cheers,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina