[asterisk-dev] app_meetme call for testing: Roll call, eject all, mute all, record in-conf

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Sat Dec 5 00:46:56 CST 2009

On Dec 4, 2009, at 4:19 PM, Ryan Finnie wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:38 PM, John Todd <jtodd at digium.com> wrote:
>>   Is there any chance that you could also write your patches for
>> app_confbridge so that people can start to treat app_meetme as a
>> second-choice conferencing tool?
>
> I actually didn't know about app_confbridge until you mentioned it (I
> just recently upgraded from 1.4 to 1.6.2), so I took a few minutes
> examining the source just now.  It definitely looks a lot cleaner and
> more streamlined than app_meetme, with more potential.  It looks like
> porting eject all and mute all would be pretty trivial, but it seems
> app_confbridge has no name announce or recording capability yet.
>
> Here's my dirty little secret: I'm not really a C programmer. :)
> Pretty much everything in my app_meetme patch was taken from other
> parts of app_meetme and applied in creative ways.  I'm not sure I'd be
> able to implement name recording/announcing and conference recording
> from the ground up.
>
> That being said, give me a little bit and I can extend app_confbridge
> (looks like it would have to be *5X for new functionality) with eject
> all and mute all, and anyone who can actually implement
> recording/announcing in the future should be able to implement roll
> call and on-demand recording in a similar manner to what I did.

That would be much appreciated, and probably much more useful for the
long term.

Another long-term goal for app_confbridge could possibly be the
abstraction of the DTMF keystrokes from being hard-coded into some
sort of configuration file.  Hard-coded settings make me twitch.  :-)
But I'd be happy just to see your new features find their way into
app_confbridge and then someone else might take on the task of
abstracting the command set into configurable options.... (Michiel?
Feeling ambitious?)

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/