[asterisk-dev] app_meetme call for testing: Roll call, eject all, mute all, record in-conf

Ryan Finnie ryan at finnie.org
Fri Dec 4 18:19:40 CST 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:38 PM, John Todd <jtodd at digium.com> wrote:
>   Is there any chance that you could also write your patches for
> app_confbridge so that people can start to treat app_meetme as a
> second-choice conferencing tool?

I actually didn't know about app_confbridge until you mentioned it (I
just recently upgraded from 1.4 to 1.6.2), so I took a few minutes
examining the source just now.  It definitely looks a lot cleaner and
more streamlined than app_meetme, with more potential.  It looks like
porting eject all and mute all would be pretty trivial, but it seems
app_confbridge has no name announce or recording capability yet.

Here's my dirty little secret: I'm not really a C programmer. :)
Pretty much everything in my app_meetme patch was taken from other
parts of app_meetme and applied in creative ways.  I'm not sure I'd be
able to implement name recording/announcing and conference recording
from the ground up.

That being said, give me a little bit and I can extend app_confbridge
(looks like it would have to be *5X for new functionality) with eject
all and mute all, and anyone who can actually implement
recording/announcing in the future should be able to implement roll
call and on-demand recording in a similar manner to what I did.

RF