[asterisk-dev] [feature] Support for relative paths for all "say" functions

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Sat Aug 22 02:54:53 CDT 2009

On Aug 22, 2009, at 12:09 AM, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> I believe you might be right, in which case this is a bug that must be
> fixed. All parts of Asterisk that interpret LANGUAGE should handle it
> the same way.
>
> Why would you need to flip-flop around with LANGUAGE? Are you saying
> you
> have more than one different set of digit prompts to use during a
> single
> call?

What I think he means is something slightly different.

That you can have multiple voices within one language so that there
will be no problems wrt digit pronunciation because that already
"works" for the language.

Currently all the special stuff for pronunciation is related to the
two digit country code. If you need more than two voices for a
specific language (multi tenant asterisk install or something like
that) you need to create a special language (in his example fr and
fr_special) but then I think you'd lose the pronunciation rules
because that only works for the two digit country code and not for
something else.

What I'd suggest is introducing a "voice" parameter to all the Say
functions which would result in sub folders within the language dir
being used.

By default
SayNumber(1000) would use /usr/share/asterisk/sounds/digits
SayNumber(1000,Kevin) would use /usr/share/asterisk/sounds/digits/Kevin

SetLanguage(nl)
SayNumber(1000) would use /usr/share/asterisk/sounds/digits/nl
SayNumber(1000,Andreas) would use /usr/share/asterisk/sounds/digits/nl/
Andreas
SayNumber(1000,Hans) would use /usr/share/asterisk/sounds/digits/nl/Hans

--
Andreas